Facility Based On Site Psychiatric Consultation
Our practice model increases access to behavioral health services by providing onsite mental health and psychiatric services; while promoting continuity of care with primary care physicians. At Health and Psychiatry, our seasoned clinicians understand the unique needs of seniors residing in Assisted Living or Skilled-Nursing facilities. With that in mind, our multi-disciplinary team is able to attend to the mental health needs of our patients in the comfort of a familiar environment by seeing patients where they live; eliminating the stress of off site medical appointments.
We understand how losses of independence, relationships, health, and autonomy can negatively affect our patients and families; we are able to facilitate a healthy psychological transition with a variety of interventions minimizing the need for psychiatric hospital admissions.
For patient's and families we offer the following services:
- complete psychiatric evaluations
- ongoing medication management
- behavioral interventions, psychotherapy, and psycho-education
- consultation with primary care providers
For administrators and staff we offer:
- Expert psychiatric consultation related to CMS quality performance indicators such as gradual dose reduction programs, and utilization of psychotropic medications; our clinicians have a proven track record and work diligently to achieve results below state and national averages
- Behavioral Health Chart Documentation
- Staff behavioral health in-service sessions
- On call support for facility staff
- Facilitation of inpatient psychiatric admissions when warranted
- Collaboration with Primary Care Physicans, PA's and ARNP's
*Baker Act Examinations provided as appropriate